Photography by Mark O’Meara
Have a bit of fun in the kitchen with these delicious cake disco morsels.
To prep 0:30 mins - To cook 2:15 - Makes 22
- 340g pkt vanilla butter cake
- 2 tablespoons bought vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup (125g) m&m’s minis
- 250g white chocolate melts
- 1/2 cup (125g) 100 & 1000’s
You will need lolly-pop sticks for this recipe and a block of oasis or polystyrene.
1) Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line the base of a 20cm round (base measurement) cake pan with baking paper.
2) Make the vanilla butter cake following packet directions. Spoon into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
3) Use a serrated knife to trim the crusts of the cake. Break the cake into small pieces and transfer to the bowl of a food processor. Process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl. Add the vanilla frosting and m&m’s minis and stir to combine.
4) Line an oven tray with baking paper. Roll tablespoonsful of cake mixture into balls and place on the lined tray. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.
5) Place the white chocolate melts in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until chocolate melts. Place the 100 & 1000’s in a small bowl.
6) Dip the end of 1 lollypop stick in chocolate then insert into a cake ball. Return to the tray. Repeat with remaining cake balls.
7) Dip 1 cake ball into the melted chocolate, turning to coat. Gently tap on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Roll the cake ball in 100 & 1000’s to coat. Insert the cake pop in the polystyrene to stand upright. Repeat with remaining cake balls, chocolate and 100 & 1000’s. Set aside for 30 minutes or until chocolate is completely set.
Taste.com.au – April 2012
Recipe by Sarah Hobbs
Η σελίδα δείχνει cache εκδοχή (στιγμιότυπο) περιεχομένου συνταγής από το public domain: http://greatcakerecipes.blogspot.com/2012/10/disco-ball-cake-pops.html. – Μεταβείτε στην πηγή με το σύνδεσμο: Great Cake Recipes http://greatcakerecipes.blogspot.com/2012/10/disco-ball-cake-pops.html.