Photography by Michelle Noerianto & Kim Coverdale
This is one part of Halloween that no-one will find scary. These spidery cupcakes will delight the kids at birthday parties too.
- 340g packet golden buttercake mix
- 2 eggs
- 60g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 180g packet Smarties lollies
- 1 cup dark chocolate melts
Butter cream icing:
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
- Yellow food colouring
- Green food colouring
1) Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a 12-hole, 1/3 cup capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
2) Make cupcakes following packet directions. Spoon mixture into cases until three-quarters full. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of 1 cupcake comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
3) Make icing Using an electric mixer, beat butter until pale. Gradually add icing sugar mixture, beating constantly until combined. Tint lime green by mixing food colourings.
4) Spread cupcakes with icing. Press 3 Smarties into tops for spider bodies. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) for 2 minutes 30 seconds, stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds, or until melted and smooth. Spoon chocolate into a snap-lock bag. Make a small snip in 1 corner. Pipe chocolate around Smarties to form spider legs and eyes. Set aside for 10 minutes or until set. Serve.
Super Food Ideas – October 2009 , Page 14
Recipe by Katrina Woodman
Η σελίδα δείχνει cache εκδοχή (στιγμιότυπο) περιεχομένου συνταγής από το public domain: http://greatcakerecipes.blogspot.com/2012/10/halloween-cupcakes.html. – Μεταβείτε στην πηγή με το σύνδεσμο: Great Cake Recipes http://greatcakerecipes.blogspot.com/2012/10/halloween-cupcakes.html.