Innocents are snared easily by a ganache spiderweb. Spun by a gumdrop spider with limber licorice-string legs, the web is draped over a dangerously addictive and creamy no-bake cheesecake. Candy spiders make a creepy garnish.
Makes 8 Spiders
Candy Spiders Ingredients:
- 8 large black gumdrops
- 8 Crows black licorice drops
- 16 white nonpareils
- 8 black licorice laces, cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
Candy Spiders Directions:
1) Cut a sliver off top of each gumdrop to expose sticky interior. Repeat with black licorice drops. Gently press cut side of 1 gumdrop (body) onto cut side of 1 black licorice drop (head). Repeat.
2) Using a skewer, poke 2 shallow holes into each licorice-drop head for eyes, and poke 8 shallow holes (4 on each side) into each gumdrop body for legs. Gently press 1 nonpareil into each eye hole. Cut a small slit in the midpoint of each licorice lace, being careful not to cut all the way through, to create joints on legs. Insert 1 licorice leg into each hole in body.
Serves 12 to 14
For The Crust:
- Vegetable oil, cooking spray
- 18 ounces chocolate wafers (about 90), finely ground (4 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
For The Ganache:
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (preferably 61 percent), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
For The Filling:
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, cold
- Candy Spiders, optional
1) Make the crust: Coat a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Mix wafers, sugar, butter, and salt in a medium bowl. Pat mixture into pan, pressing firmly into bottom and all the way up sides. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to fill.
2) Make the ganache: Place chocolate in a food processor. Bring cream to a simmer in a small saucepan, then pour over chocolate. When chocolate begins to melt, process until smooth. Reserve 2 tablespoons ganache for decorating, and spread the remainder evenly on bottom and all the way up sides of crust. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to fill.
3) Make the filling: Beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low, and slowly add sugar and salt. Raise speed to medium-high, and beat until very fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in lemon juice.
4) Whisk cream until medium-stiff peaks form. Whisk 1/4 of the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture, then fold in remaining whipped cream. Pour filling into crust, and spread evenly. Gently tap bottom of pan on counter to release air bubbles.
5) Transfer reserved ganache to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4-inch round tip. Starting in the center of the cheesecake, pipe a spiral, spacing lines about 1/2 inch apart. Pull the tip of a paring knife in a gently curved line from the center of the spiral to outer edge. Wipe knife clean, and repeat every inch or so to form a web.
6) Cover, and freeze for at least 1 hour or overnight. Unmold cheesecake, garnish with candy spiders if desired, and serve immediately.
Η σελίδα δείχνει cache εκδοχή (στιγμιότυπο) περιεχομένου συνταγής από το public domain: http://greatcakerecipes.blogspot.com/2012/10/no-bake-spiderweb-cheesecake.html. – Μεταβείτε στην πηγή με το σύνδεσμο: Great Cake Recipes http://greatcakerecipes.blogspot.com/2012/10/no-bake-spiderweb-cheesecake.html.